Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Softball Flower


We live close to a softball field, so we find a good number of misplaced balls each spring.  I found some inpiration for a softball craft in the current Flea Market Style Magazine


The project involves using one & a half balls, that have been cut apart & flattened.  The trick to this is laziness. 




*chirp, chirp*





Yes, you heard me right.  LAZINESS.  Once you have cut the balls apart, simply leave them on the deck table to get rained on & sun baked.  This apparently will flatten them very well!  The two on the right side were neglected & then respectfully decide to cooperate!



I took it a step further & restitched the red laces back around all the edges.  This was time consuming, but worth it.  Plus if I'm gonna steal an idea, then I should try & one-up it.  Right?

THE RESULTS:



Pretty stinkin' cute!  I added some scrapbooking flowers & a vintage button to the middle.





**********************************************************

I searched around the web for other baseball inspired crafts.






Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I encourage you to stop on over to Faded Charm, where I have linked up to White Wednesday #110.  I've also added it to A Little Tipsy DIY under $5 & Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. Super Cute...I wonder if this could be done with tennis balls....got lots of those. LOL
    Carmen @ www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute...my gal pal made a little basket out of a dis-assembled baseball...been wanting to try it...you just inspired me! tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I wonder if you could make some sort of little tote out of them. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you use to restitch the laces. I can seem to find the right stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a large hand sewing needle & embroidery floss. If the floss is too thick to thread the needle on, then split the strands. I hope this helps.

      Delete
  5. This is such a SUPER SUPER cute idea! I am so doing this. Found you on Pinterest and repinned. Am also your newest follower! Thanks for sharing this. Your flower turned out adorable! Terri of Two Pink Peas www.twopinkpeas.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so super cute. Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to know which issue of Flea Market Style magazine this article was in??? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete