Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cedar Sign

I'm pleased to share with you sign created from the back of an old cedar patio bench!  The pretty scallop back just couldn't be left to rot in the woods where the in laws tossed it.  Minnesota Junker to the rescue!!!


I used my beloved Cricut to cut vinyl stencils & dabbed with a flat tip brush.  The best way to keep it rustic is to tap most of the paint off the brush on cardboard.




A poetic verse that puts life in perspective adorns the cedar & fits the project perfect!
The results:








Linking up to these blog parties:






My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia






2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Lavender Cottage Garden. What a good save. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love how you salvaged part of the bench and came up with this treasure. I have a bench in my back yard that has really seen better days and will be keeping this project in mind:-)

    ReplyDelete